LAST CALL III
Handmade Ceramics for Storing, Pouring & Sipping Fine Libations
2018 Juror: Brett Kern
Now in its 3rd year, Last Call has become one of the most anticipated juried exhibitions by makers and collectors alike.
Juror, Brett Kern will be looking for exceptional pitchers, flasks, growlers, bottles, steins, tumblers, goblets, flights, shots, and all other alcohol related serving sets.
We will be printing a full color catalog and the entire exhibition will be available for sale online.
The Exhibition will be held at Companion Gallery 3638 East Mitchell Street, Humboldt, TN, as well as ONLINE at companiongallery.com.
A FULL COLOR print catalog will accompany the exhibition.
Participating artists will receive a complimentary print copy.
- Entry Deadline: Friday January 19th, 2018 12 Midnight CST
- Open to US and CANADIAN residents 21 and up.
- $25.00 for 3 Entries.
- Digital Images should be labeled with the artists last name, underscore, first letter of first name, and the entry #. (Example: Skippy McGrueber would be mcgrueber_s1.jpg, mcgrueber_s2.jpg, mcgrueber_s3.jpg, etc)
- Images must be print ready, well lit, in focus, 300 DPI cropped into a square sized to 1000 x 1000. Because we are printing a catalog, photography will be an essential part of the jurying process.
- one detail of each entry is welcome and should be labeled as 1B, 2B, and 3B. See above.
- Photo TIP: To ensure your piece fits into a square format photo, shoot vertical pieces horizontally and horizontal pieces vertically before cropping. Images above are all good examples.
Email 3-6 images to Eric Botbyl at email@example.com with the subject line: LAST CALL III
This email IS your application.
Images will be forwarded to juror Brett Kern on January 19th at midnight CST
and notifications will go out the following week.
Each Application must include (Copy & Paste)
- Artist’s Name:
- Email address:
- website or instagram:
- mailing address:
- cell phone number:
- a description of each image including title, type of clay, cone, kiln atmosphere, dimensions, and price.
Entry #1. Flask. Porcelain with Celadon Glaze. Soda fired to Cone 10.
5h x 3.5w x 1.5. $85.00
All work submitted should be fully functional and all glazes must be food safe. Our customers and collectors expect and deserve the highest level of craftsmanship. Be sure that feet are polished smooth and work is free of any sharp burs.
The Companion Gallery celebrates ALL forms of expression. However, because of the number of children that frequent the gallery we will not be accepting any work considered to be profane or vulgar.
Basically, there’s kids around- be cool.
Application Fees are *ONLY payable online.
*Canadian applicants will be sent an email invoice for the app fee
We look forward to seeing your entries!
**Click HERE to pay the application fee
Deadline for Entries: Friday January 19th 2018, 12 Midnight CST
The Opening Reception is schedule for Friday March 2nd at 7pm